EMS & Ambulance
We work with healthcare and public safety organizations of all sizes and types, both public and private, on projects ranging from objective reviews and system design/development to detailed operational and financial reviews, as well as strategic planning.
EMS & Ambulance Feature Resource
As the EMS adage goes, “If you’ve seen one EMS system, you’ve seen one EMS system.” While that statement reflects the diversity of EMS systems across the United States, it also creates the false sense that every EMS system is entirely different and that EMS leaders can’t learn from each other. Clearly that is not the case. As we see in the premiere edition of the EMS Trend Report, EMS systems across the country share many traits. On the other hand, significant differences do exist in everything from clinical care to salaries to operational benchmarks to hiring requirements.
View Full Report
EMS & Ambulance Operations Consulting
Providing high-quality, cost-effective EMS and medical transportation services in a continually evolving healthcare environment presents numerous challenges to today’s EMS organizations, from the need to reach performance goals despite dwindling resources to coping with workforce recruitment, retention and leadership issues.
But every obstacle also presents a unique opportunity. At Fitch & Associates, we translate information into insight. We use both quantitative and qualitative approaches that blend your understanding of local circumstances with an objective framework for evaluation.
Our multi-disciplinary team combines sound processes and extensive experience to develop community-specific solutions to community and system issues. Our skills have been honed from working on the front lines of public safety and healthcare, as care providers, system leaders and consultants. We routinely work with public, private, hospital and volunteer organizations, in areas ranging from operations, finance and communications to independent reviews and strategic planning.
Our team of EMS consultants has:
- Objectively benchmarked performance and provided improvement opportunities
- Assessed deployment strategies and staffing levels, in both station-based and system status management models
- Directed risk evaluation projects and developed mitigation strategies
- Led implementations of new communications and data systems
- Performed compliance evaluations and improved EMS reimbursement levels
- Provided strategic planning services for organizations all over the world
- Managed RFP processes from start to finish for cities and counties of all sizes
- Objectively evaluated consolidation opportunities
- Conducted leadership development and coaching at the individual and organizational levels
At Fitch & Associates, our track record is clear: We develop customized, creative solutions and actionable recommendations that achieve results.
We’ve helped agencies in all 50 states and throughout the world improve their organizations. See how we can help you. Call us today at 816-431-2600.
- Safety Management Systems in EMS: An Implementation Guide
- Learning to Dance with an Elephant: 10 Harmful Realities of Modern EMS