Interested in working with us? We’d like to hear from you. We periodically post open positions with Fitch & Associates companies, as well as openings on behalf of a select number of leading organizations.
Executive Director – National EMS Management Association
The National EMS Management Association (NEMSMA) is a professional association of EMS leaders dedicated to the discovery, development, and promotion of excellence in leadership and management in EMS systems, regardless of EMS system model, organizational structure or agency affiliation. NEMSMA is an inclusive organization of EMS leaders and managers where all are welcomed regardless of organizational size, corporate structure, ownership, or philosophy.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of NEMSMA. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the Association. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading NEMSMA in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of NEMSMA, to include, in conjunction with the Treasurer and accounting staff, submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support NEMSMA’s mission.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of NEMSMA’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that NEMSMA can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of NEMSMA’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate. Responsible effective administration of NEMSMA operations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience (preferred)
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of NEMSMA’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Currently holds or is willing to pursue within 24 months of execution of this Agreement certification as Certified Association Executive (CAE) from the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with the Treasurer, planning and operation of annual budget.
- Recommend administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serve as NEMSMA’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various local, state, national and international organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance NEMSMA’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
MedServ Management Services, LLC (sister-company of Fitch & Associates, LLC) provides association management services to NEMSMA, including the provision of an Executive Director and administrative support functions. This position will report to MedServ senior leadership and the NEMSMA Board of Directors. Position is remote and will not recquire relocation. Travel to industry related conferences and meetings is required.
For more information on NEMSMA go to www.NEMSMA.org