Beyond the Street (BTS)
Sponsored by Fitch & Associates with support from the American Ambulance Association
Register by May 15 & Save.
You can register online or download, complete and return a registration form. (Adove Reader required)
Early Bird: $249
Beyond The Street shows new supervisors how to think and act like leaders. Participants master essential management skills, from working effectively with different generations in the workforce and handling conflict to building trust with peers, bosses and other agencies. In this two-day workshop, attendees learn when to be directive, when to coach and when to delegate – and how to earn respect from the EMS field personnel they once worked alongside. Additional strategies include handling complaints effectively and building customer satisfaction.
Essential Skills for Aspiring EMS Supervisors
- Work with every generation in your workforce: Boomers, Xers & Millennials
- Discover the timeline for your new role (and how to handle it)
- Learn communication techniques as a leader for you and your co-workers
- Navigate conflict productively and without bloodshed
- Discover how to problem solve at a supervisor level
- Manage time, be proactive and avoid the endless to-do list
- Build trust with co-workers, bosses, and other agencies, while you earn respect from the people you used to work with on the ambulance
- Think like a Leader and Manager
- Know when to be directive, when to coach, and when to delegate
- Fast financial facts and strategies for front-line managers
- Handle complaints and enhance customer satisfaction
- Take your career to the next level
2 Full Days – 8 am to 5 pm
Two full days of experiential and practical learning from industry leading faculty covering the topics listed above.
Faculty have served as medics, supervisors and directors. They are widely read authors and experienced consultants. BTS core faculty include Jay Fitch, PhD, Anthony Minge, EdD and Don Lundy.
Registration Information: Registration includes both workshop days, continental breakfast, box lunches, workshop materials and electronic copy of the classic EMS Management: Beyond the Street (2nd Edition).
Hotel Information: Beyond The Street will be held at the Altoona Grand Hotel, 1 Sheraton Drive, Altoona, PA 16601. The discounted room rate is $82 per night plus tax. Make your reservation directly by calling 814-946-1631 and use group code “BTS.” In order to receive the discounted rate, you must reserve by April 26. Discounted rate and room availability cannot be guaranteed after this date.
Cancellation Policy: Workshop cancellations subject to a $100 administrative fee and must be in writing to Fitch & Associates via fax (816/431.2653) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 15, 2017. Cancellations received after this date and “no shows” are subject to the full registration fee. Telephone cancellations will not be accepted. No refunds will be processed after this date. Attendee substitutions will be allowed and may be made in writing to Fitch & Associates via fax or email.
Questions? Contact Sharon Conroy at 816-431-2600 or email@example.com.